The eddy current flaw detector is an instrument and equipment developed based on the principle of eddy current testing. It is used to detect the quality of conductive materials, whether there are defects, and various information about defects. The intelligent flaw detector can evaluate the performance of the tested piece and the remaining life based on the defect information to reduce the occurrence of hazards.
In practical applications, the probe of the eddy current flaw detector moves at a certain speed when testing the conductor under test. According to the waveform of the eddy current change, information about the location, type, shape, and length of the defect can be obtained.
It is worth noting that the cracks perpendicular to the direction of the eddy current flow block its flow and cause the reflected magnetic field on the workpiece to change accordingly, which in turn leads to changes in the impedance and voltage of the detection coil and is detected. If the direction of the crack is parallel to the direction of the eddy current, the defect is difficult to find. Therefore, in general eddy current testing must be performed from multiple directions.
1. Detect surface cracks in different parts;
2. Separation of steel: distinguish the installation mixture of different materials;
3. Detection of weld crack defects;
4. The eddy current testing machine uses an inner-penetrating probe to detect defects in the heat exchanger tube and condenser tube;
5. With the help of a rotating scanner, holes and cracks in the multilayer structure are found;
6. Identify near-surface defects of conductive materials;