Ultrasonic flaw detector machine is a portable industrial flaw testing instrument, which can detect, locate, evaluate and diagnose various defects (cracks, inclusions, folds, pores, sand holes, etc.) in the workpiece quickly, conveniently harmlessly and accurately. It can be used not only in laboratory but also in engineering field.
Ultrasonic flaw detector machine can be widely used in manufacturing industry, iron and steel metallurgy industries, metal processing industry, chemical industry and other industries that need defect detection and quality control, and also widely applied for safety inspection and service life assessment in aerospace, railway transportation, boiler and pressure vessel, which is an indispensible NDT testing equipment.
(1) When the ultrasonic wave spreads in the medium, it can be reflected on interface of different materials. If there is defect, and the size of the defect is equal to or longer than the ultrasonic wave, the ultrasonic wave will be reflected back from the defect, and the flaw detector can display the reflected wave; if the size of the defect is even shorter than the wavelength, the sound wave will bypass the defect and cannot be reflected;
(2) the ultrasound wave is highly directive. The higher the frequency is, the better the directivity is. Radiating narrow beam to medium is easy to locate defects.
(3) Ultrasonic wave progagates high energy. For example, the propagation energy of ultrasonic wave with frequency of 1MHz (1MHz) is equivalent to 1 million times that of acoustic wave with the same amplitude and frequency of 1000Hz (Hz).
(1) The penetration ability is strong, and the detection can reach several meters deep;
(2) It is highly sensitive and can find reflectors with the same reflection ability of about a few tenths millimeter the air gap; the size of the detectable defects can be generally considered as 1/2 of the wavelength.
(3) It is relatively accurate in determining the orientation, size, shape and other aspects of the internal reflector;
(4) It only needs to approach the tested object from one side;
(5) Defect inspection results can be provided immediately;
(6) Safe operation and light equipment.