As we all know, the EDM machine is equipped with alarm function and fire extinguishing device, but we can't completely give the safety problem to these two settings in the actual use of discharge. We also need to strengthen our safety awareness. Here we are sharing some suggestions about EDM machine:
(1) As long as the EDM machine is in the discharging state, please turn on the fire protection function. Once there is a strong light, the EDM machine will give an warning alarm. If the machine table is in high temperature, the fire extinguisher will break through and automatically extinguish the fire. The fire extinguisher on the base also needs to be checked all the time. It needs to check whether the tube head position and the fire extinguisher are normal. The procedure is to aviod unnecessary financial loss. Any EDM machine of different EDM machine manufacturers is capable of this function.
(2) If heavy current is applied for discharge, and excessive sparks are generated, it is recommended to operate with oil, which is relatively safe. Hopefully, this is a helpful tip.
(1) Short circuit: short circuit is caused by metal contact between phase line and zero line or between phase lines. When the short circuit occurs, the temperature rises sharply, causing the insulation material to burn and start fire.
(2) EDM machine overload: Electric current load passing electrical circuit or equipment exceeds the current value allowed is overload. Overload may cause the insulation materials to burn.
(3) Poor contact: connecting parts of electric appliance are usually connected by welding or bolts. Once they are loose, the contact resistance at connecting parts will increase, and the joints will be overheated, leading to danger.
(4) Iron core heating: the insulation of iron core is damaged, because overheating leads to high temperature.
(5) Poor heat dissipation: damaged electrical heat dissipation function will cause overheating.
(6) Electric discharge machine or electric arc. The electric arc is the result of accumulating electric sparks. The arc temperature can be as high as 6,000 ℃. Therefore, electric spark or arc can not only cause the combustion of insulating materials, but also cause metal melting and splashing, which cause the source of fire and explosion.